Thursday 25 October 2012

Storm

This a review for Storm by Brigid Kemmerer (4 cat review): 





This book was pretty awesome-just sayin. I really enjoyed it. Chris and Beca were so meant for each other right from the beginning. The idea of brothers who could control the elements? Perfect for this generation of readers.

I liked that it was it Chris and Becca's perspectives so we could see what both of them were feeling. This was one of the few books that I didn't skip over the other person's (aside from the main character) perspective. I thought it was a great idea incorporating that technique into the novel. The plot was great, and it was very creative. At first I thought it was going to be about them trying to control their powers and yada yada. But, I was wrong. Seth and Tyler brought a whole new aspect to the book. It was actually exciting and I found myself biting my nails in suspense for the next "incident" between the main characters and Tyler's gang.

I don't know about anybody else but I was pretty thrilled that a girl saves Chris. Usually it's a guy saving a damsel in distress but Beca turned that around and helped Chris. It was a nice change and I thought it went very well with the story.

Before the story takes place, Beca has had some trouble in the boyfriend department and a past Beau has spread some pretty nasty rumors about her. For the past six months, she has been known as the school slut. The whore that slept with the whole soccer team. The emotional side of her made the story that much more touching and intimate. I won't ruin the book and tell you what happened to her so that the rumors started, but just know it's worth waiting for. My heart broke for the poor girl.

I wasn't so thrilled with the slowness of the book. That's really the only way to put it. There was a fair bit of waiting for exciting things to happen I found. Maybe I was just expecting a high action packed book? Whose to say?

Great book, and a must read!

Cheers,
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. My friend read this book last year and said she loved it. I have been dying to read it, because it sounds AMAZING. love your review and welcome to the blogging community. (: btw, love the kittens. ;)

    http://caughtinasnyderwebb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete