Sunday 23 September 2012

 Hey everyone! This is my review for Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz: (5 cat review)



Emma Connor has had a hell of a life. Seriously. Her twin brother, Ethan, died of meningitis,   and then her Mom died of cancer, leaving her with her alcoholic step-father Henry.

She soon moves to New York to stay with her Aunt Christine after being in a horrible car accident that scars her for life. But mysterious things start happening after she meets Brendan, the irresistibly hot, ignorant, tough-guy in her new school, Vincent Academy. Street lamps start shattering over her head when she's mad and she just can't seem to stop thinking about the dark haired boy that saved her from the schools resident mean-girl on the first day.

I adored this book. At first I wasn't so sure about it. But after the first chapter I was hooked. I am such a sucker for romance and this novel had it. The characters that Shultz created are believable characters that everyone has in their lives. The goth girl that no one talks to, the hottest guy in the whole school, the sweet and innocent cousin/best friend. I fell in love with them all.

The climax of this book was thrilling, intense and dramatic. It was perfect. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time (literally, I was on the plane flying to Paris). Emma was strong the whole time and I liked that. I don't approve of weak girls who think they can't do anything for themselves and have to have the men save them. The whole damsel in distress bit. But that wasn't Emma. Through the book she was very adamant about that she could take care of herself. 

Spellbound by: Cara Lynn Shultz
Overall this book was great and I would recommend it to anyone. Love, romance, danger and thrill all rapped into one juicy read.


No comments:

Post a Comment